TN: 2008 Turley Petite Syrah Hayne Vineyard (USA, California, Napa Valley, St. Helena)

• 2008 Turley Petite Syrah Hayne Vineyard - USA, California, Napa Valley, St. Helena (5/6/2019)
    Extreme power, depth and intensity - yes … but, to me the beauty of a great Petite is when delicacy and finesse approach the brute strength. The primary palate impression to me was white flowers. Exceptional now and for many years. Wish I had more. (97 pts.)

Hayne Vineyard is a national treasure!
Posted from CellarTracker

Just an awesome note Mike! Big fan of Turley Hayne PS and have a couple of these in the cellar still. Opened one last year in a blind flight of 4 petites of various ages and it tied for 1st. Great stuff with tons left in the tank!

I think I overheard Tegan say something to the effect that Hayne is one of the easiest of all Turley’s historic vineyards to manage. Naturally in equilibrium, naturally in balance, naturally brilliant. At one point, Petite was the leading grape in Napa. Glad there are a few shining remnants remaining like Hayne.

I find it hard to wait until this wine is in its sweet spot but when you do there is a reward.

Hayne is a special vineyard, no doubt.

Thanks for the tasting note!!