TN: 2015 Louis Jadot Puligny-Montrachet

• 2015 Louis Jadot Puligny-Montrachet - France, Burgundy, Côte de Beaune, Puligny-Montrachet (5/4/2019)
    Popped and poured out of the wine fridge after TWO OTHER BOTTLES were flawed. Once again, burgundy is failing us - first with a premoxed 2008 Chassagne Montrachet and then with a flat and lifeless 2011 NSG. Why do I torture myself with this stuff?

This, on the other hand, works. Wine is a clear and bright lemon color, medium-low concentration.

On the nose, nicely aromatic. A touch of reduction gave way to grapefruit, passionfruit, citrus, and sort of a granite mineral.

On palate, wine is sound (huzzah!). Medium-high acid, medium alcohol, long finish. Restrained attack with grapefruit predominant, melon, super long finish with some malolactic notes. Not terribly complex, but nicely constructed.

This is a really nice wine, and it makes me wonder if the quality control at the negociants is just better than from the smaller producers. Either way, I am really turned off Burgundy at this point. When the bottles cost $80 and you have to buy two for every one that isn’t flawed, why the hell bother? (89 pts.)

Posted from CellarTracker

runs for cover

Drank the 2014 Chassagne Montrachet a week or so ago. Very sharp.

I agree White Burgs tend to frustrate, but aged ones when on hit higher highs than red wines IMO…hence the continued torture.

Tariq, was your 2008 Chassagne also Jadot? And did it have a regular cork and the 2015 Puligny-Montrachet a DIAM? I haven’t bought a lot of Jadot but I have had several 2011 Beaune Greves Blanc, bottled with DIAM, which have all been fresh. I think they may have switched in 2011.

Bouchard has also gone to DIAM for whites, and Faiveley at least for some of the whites.

Can’t remember ever buying or even trying a jadot white - terrible pox reputation.

Hi - 2008 Chassagne was Domaine Jean-Marc Morey; 2011 NSG was Bouchard Pere et Fils “Les Cailles.” I don’t think either of them had DIAM.