Virtual tasting event?

We used to do these regularly via the Board. Someone sets a theme and then we leave it open for anyone to jump into the theme virtually by opening a bottle related to the theme and then posting a TN. Before we set a theme and date (usually we taste the theme for a few days), are there any themes we’re passionate about? The broader the theme, the better, as narrower things limit who can/wants to participate.

I love the idea; let’s get it going again! What should be the first theme? I imagine most would have some 2000 Bordeaux, or Grand Puy Lacoste in their cellars.

Brian, good theme. I don’t own any Bordeaux at all, but it should not be an expectation that the theme allows everyone to be in.

Can it be of certain vintage and Country? Or is that too vague? How about “Bill Clinton” (just an example) as the theme? Any vintages during his Presidency?

Why?

Why this, specifically? (I can participate in either, but seems random)

It is random, was just making a suggestion for a virtual tasting that I thought most WB’ers would be able to participate in. Selfishly, I love both 2000 Bordeaux and Grand Puy Lacoste [cheers.gif]

Brian, test your theory and post a call-out to do your theme. See if you can get some people to join you.

I will do one in the next two weeks. Maybe something broader like CA Pinot Noir. Or Champagne.

+1

I’ll happily trade lots of my young extracted high end Napa cab blends for your 1st growth 2000 Bdx [cheers.gif] [truce.gif]

I would play. Would recommend to choose an easily available wine/vintage to increase participation and later on narrow down topics.

FWIW, it’s Muscadet month on the WLDG.

I like this idea (though no 2000 Bordeaux in my cellar). Thanks for being the catalyst, Frank !

You give me/us too much credit. How about Board member wines?

I’ll start. I posted a new thread, with the theme of Pinot Noir. If someone else here wants to start another Virtual thread for a different theme, have at it. After Pinot Noir is over, I will start one more based on something else.

Deleted.