Nice deal on Laguiole en Aubrac corkscrews at Drop

i’ve gotten a few things from these guys over the years. they pre-sell and then place a large order with the supplier. never had an issue.

edit: they’re $110

Great price and my favorite Laguiole producer. Thx for the heads up.

yeah, seemed kind of like too good to be true maybe not.

I bought an olivewood Laguiole corkscrew from them on a previous drop at the same price. No issues whatsoever on ordering and delivery, just had to wait a bit for them to get enough orders on the drop. Now my favorite corkscrew, might even order another one.

Am I missing something, or are you guys really saying that a $110 corkscrew is a bargain?

Thanks for the heads up- have heard these are amazing corkscrews. Not cheap…but something you’ll have long-term (lifetime warranty).

Apparently, it’s a good price.

STEAL of the Century! [soap.gif]

It’s a great deal for this corkscrew actually and I appreciate the PSA.

Always find it funny how people come to a site called WineBerserkers and have no problem waxing poetic about the wines they drink that cost hundreds of dollars…but then scoff at/judge others for spending $100 on a beautiful handmade tool that can literally be used 1000’s of times over to open said wine. Wonder what Alanis Morissette would say about that??

Nice deal. I have one and it’s a beauty.

It’s like rain on your wedding day
It’s a free ride when you’ve already paid
It’s the good advice that you just didn’t take
Who would’ve thought, it figures

Geesh! Get with the program, Andrew!

These look lovely. Do they work as well as a 2 stage opener?

Our Laguiole:
Years ago in Paris, we were shopping in a neighborhood supermarket for cheese and bread for a picnic. We asked the young woman who was cutting the cheese if she could give us a plastic knife. She looked at us oddly, went away for a moment, and then came back and gave us this Laguiole knife. Vive la France!
IMG_3506.JPG

Rob, They work like a traditional corkscrew but are easily the most well made and best of those. A two step, like the Coutale, is usually a bit quicker for me to get open (if all goes well) but they eventually break. The non coutale two step ones ones are useful but pretty much disposable. Generally speaking I use my pungo but when grabbing any styled corkscrew grab this one. I like the way it feel and the quality of craftsmanship. I have a few as I have bough some used ones off ebay and have 3. Someone once posted an amazing article here about all the makers of Laguiole corkscrews and that is where I learned about this maker.

Exactly Mike :wink:

oh duh, here’s $10 off for new folks…

Are You the ‘Yacov’ offering the $10 off??

Yah if you want that product, the price is nice.
It’s like asking is $5000 for a drc rc a bargain? Sure. It’s a bargain. Doesn’t make it cheap or reasonable for a btl of wine but it’s a bargain relative to fair market value.

huh?

no, it’s a “nice deal” not a “bargain”

please let me know if you need additional information.