TN: Peay Chard Estate '12...(short/boring)

After I finished the gaspare last night, I cracked:

1. Peay Chard Estate SonomaCoast (13.4%; www.PeayVineyards.com) Cloverdale 2012: Med.gold color; very strong melony/appley/lemon/Chard/bit flowery some pencilly/oak slight nutty fairly complex nose; lightly tart quite rich/lush/round/mellow strong melony/Chard/apple compote/lemony some pencilly/Fr.oak light earthy bit toasted almonds/hazelnuts rather complex flavor; very long slightly tart rich/lush/smooth some pencilly/toasty/Fr.oak strong melony/lemony/appley/Chard slight earthy/mineral fairly complex bit nutty finish; quite rich/lush for Far SonomaCoast but very good drinking; probably near its peak but should go for a few more yrs. $52.00

A wee BloodyPulpit:

1. PeayVnyds used to be one of my every-year buys, but they have sorta fallen off my radar. For no particular reason…other than too much wine (anybody else have that problem??). I’ve generally liked their wines across the board, but the two Syrahs have been particular favorites.
    Tom

Yes, Tom, I also have pretty much stopped buying, but I still have quite a few in my cellar, which I also enjoy very much. The Scallop Shelf pinot for me has always been a favorite, one of the most distinctive (and complex) Cali pinots from Sonoma in my view, and also quite light on its feet.

Yeah, Josh…and they are a bit on the pricey side as well.
Tom

I’m kind of off the whites ( a little to austere for me) but still buy the Scallop Shelf pinot and both syrahs. Their prices are not too out of line compared to some others out on the far coast.

I agree with you and James, Tom,
They are a bit pricey but not out of whack with others in their neighborhood.