Tasting Wine from California's Oldest Vineyards

Jill Barth (Forbes wine and food contributor) on California’s historic vineyards and HVS.

For those interested, a few tickets remain for the 2019 HVS Vineyard Tour and Dinner at Monte Rosso on June 8: https://historicvineyardsociety.org/product/ticket

Wow, Mike…quite a nice writeup. Didn’t realize you were so famous. And to think…I followed him from the very start.
Tom

Tom, unfortunately for the author of this piece, my (much more interesting) associates were otherwise occupied (probably something trivial like harvest) at the time of the interview. Speaking for all of us, we would love to see you at Monte Rosso in June!

I wish I could attend the HVS annual event. The reports here following each one are super cool!

Bedrock Wine Company YouTube Video:
“Monte Rosso Vineyard”

I’m trying to wrap my head around fitting a Vineyard Tour, Wine Reception, Dinner and more wine into a 3 hour window. [scratch.gif]

And I love the HVS events.

Thanks for sharing! Great video

Mike,
Nice article, thanks for posting it.

Mike, dig that you put the time and effort into this cause. Good for you and the others for protecting the heritage of what is uniquely us in California.

By the way, those photos in the story are taken by Tempered Light, which some of you may not know is a fellow Berserker, Larry Piggins. His photography hangs in my house and in some fellow Berserkers, too. The man knows how to take really good photos…excellent work, Larry.

Just got this notice, Mike - nice to be featured in Forbes, huh? Congrats!! Finally some recognition (outside WB) for your intense hard work on identifying and cataloging old vines in California