TN: Four Massican annias...(short/boring)

Tried these 4 Massican annia’s over the last few days:

1. Massican gaspare Dd’OC: Bianco Friuli Colli Orientali (13.5%; 44% Friulano/29% RibollaGialla/27% Chard)
    P&B by Ronco Del Gnemiz/SanGiovanni al Natisone 2017
    : Med.light gold color w/ some small bubbles; strong
    floral/carnations/TF quite aromatic/perfumed rather chalky/mineral/perfumed talc slight steely/petrol fairly
    complex nose; quite tart/tangy nfairly chalky/mineral/perfumed talc some floral/carnations/gardenias/TF bit
    spiced apples lovely flavor; very long/lingering some floral/carnations rather mineral/chalky/perfumed talc
    some complex finish; quite an attractive white that speaks mostly of Friulano. $26.00

1. Massican annia NapaVlly WW (41% RibollaGialla/45% TocaiFriulano/14% Chard; 12.5%) Calistoga 2015: Med.light
    gold color w/ tiny bubbles along side of glass; more fragrant floral/TF/carnations/gardenias somewhat earthy/
    chalky more interesting/complex bit spicy rather perfumed nose; lightly tart/tangy rather floral/TF/carnations
    somewhat spicy bit rounder/lusher light apple/pear bit complex flavor; very long/lingering floral/gardenias/
    carnations light stony/chalky/perfumed talc bit more complex flavor; very long/lingering strong floral/
    carnations bit stony/chalky finish; a bit more round/lush/softer & more interesting than the '17; a quite nice
    white that reminds a lot of a good Friuli Fruilano. $30.00

1. Massican annia NapaVlly WW (55% RibollaGialla/39% TocaiFriulano/6% Chard; 12.5%; www.Massican.com)
    Calistoga 2017
    : Light gold color w/ tiny bubbles; rather pleasant floral/carnations/gardenias rather fragrant/
    spicy/appley quite attractive nose; lightly tart/tangy floral/carnations/gardenias/appley slight stony/chalky
    flavor; very long lightly tart/tangy floral finish; a pretty decent replica of a Friuli Friulano; a bit more
    angular & tight than the '15. $30.00

1. Massican annia NapaVlly WW (48% TocaiFriulano/41% RibollaGialla/11% Chard; 12.4%; www.Massican.com)
    Calistoga 2018
    : Med.light gold color; fairly fragrant floral/carnations/TF light spicy/peppery/RG light chalky/
    stony quite attractive nose; fairly tart/tangy bit metallic/steely some rich/textured rather floral/carnations/TF
    bit peppery/RG light stony/chalky quite pleasant flavor; very long rather floral/carnations/gardenias/TF slight
    peppery/RG light stony/mineral finish; not a profound wine but at the level of of a good Friuli Friulano; fairly
    forward for an '18 and not as tight/closed as I was expecting. $30.00

A wee BloodyPulpit:

1. Massican is, of course, the wnry of DanPetroski, who seeks to make wines of a Friulian style. His annia is his
    blend of mostly Friulano & RibollaGialla. Served these 4 blind, I doubt that I could identify the ringer from
    Friuli. This is a blend Dan puts together w/ the folks at Ronco Del Gnemiz…one of my favorites in Friuli.
    All 4 of these wines are very pretty whites. Though not profound wines, I can see drinking any of them w/ great
    gusto at LaSubida in Cormons.
    I’ve been wanting to taste these wines together for some time. I generally like Friulano as a mono-varietal,
    though they can oftimes be a bit on the simple side. The Ribolla seems to bring a certain structure and interest
    to the blend. Of these 4, I slightly preferred the Friulian gaspare as being slightly more mineral and interesting.
    But the 4 were remarkably similar in style.
    Tom