Vegas Dining....Wine Related

We do our fantasy football draft in Vegas each year and I am in charge of the wine. I usually bring two 3L’s to dinner for the group. Last year we did Delmonicos but the quality of the food was pretty far under our expectations and my previous experiences there. Delmonicos is the only place that i have found that does not limit the wine to 2 bottles per table…does anyone know of a high end steakhouse there that will allow ore than 2 bottles?

Thanks in advance and sorry for posting this in wine talk instead of byob, but that board is dead.

Echo and Rig. It is off the Strip in Tivoli Village (Rampart Avenue). I’ve taken in mags but not 3L, so I’m not sure of their policy; probably should call ahead.

It is my understanding the 2 btl limit is MGM property policy. Delmonico’s was out guy’s trip regular place (for corkage reasons) sorry to hear that the quality has gone down. So, you might need to go off strip or start calling non MGM properties.

We should hold wb’s fantasy draft in Vegas one of these years. But Fu’s too sissy for a place like Vegas. Sighhh…

Happen to be in Vegas for a conference at the Wynn. The wine list at SW steakhouse was brutally priced.

Put me in coach! I’m ready to join the league!
put-me-in-coach-im-ready.jpg

Can’t even get you to make two drafts in a row in front of a computer let alone taking a plane

I’d go if you went :slight_smile:. Was looking through the N/Naka dinner years back with a good group - good times!

Well, welcome to locals’ world! Not sure how all of this is related, or not, but MGM just let go most of their wine guys, across the board, at all of their properties. A bit shocking. And Wynn today decided to drop idiotic parking fees, so seems they now realize that nickel and diming does not work, after all. MGM were the first to set the wheels in motion with parking fees, they are paying the price now despite claims all this time that extra fees do not kill business.

I think you need to make a priority, wine or food, if you insist on your original request. Off the Strip, you may be able to find really good food, not a great steak house as you want, but still. Maybe call Andiron, they may be amenable to your wine request, and the food is really good. Its warm enough now to ask for outside seating and do your own pours to make it easier on other patrons and wait staff in exchange for allowing any number of BYOB. Just a thought. I always bring my own to Andiron and so far had no issues, but then again, not large format bottles.

just seeing if you were paying attention :wink:

Bardot Brasserie (in the Aria Hotel) did a fantastic job with our LLC dinner.

https://www.cellartracker.com/event.asp?iEvent=41052&searchId=5BC83277&UISource=list

Colin [cheers.gif]

Ate at the Factory Kitchen at the Venetian and the list was slightly expensive, but well selected. Good food too.