Thoughts on this list of PYCM lower end 2017’s

Anything stand out here as the QPR’s on this list? St Aubin would be my most familiar as that’s where I’ve focused in the past but what would be your strategy if you wanted to put together a couple cases?

2017 Pierre-Yves Colin-Morey Bourgogne Chardonnay - 32.98
2017 Pierre-Yves Colin-Morey Pernand Vergelesses Les Belles Filles - 46.98
2017 Pierre-Yves Colin-Morey Pernand Vergelesses Les Combottes - 46.98
2017 Pierre-Yves Colin-Morey Pernand Vergelesses Sous Fretille 1er Cru - 53.98
2017 Pierre-Yves Colin-Morey Rully Cailloux - 38.98
2017 Pierre-Yves Colin-Morey Saint Aubin Champlots 1er Cru - 59.98
2017 Pierre-Yves Colin-Morey Saint Aubin Remilly 1er Cru - 67.98
2017 Pierre-Yves Colin-Morey Saint-Aubin Cuvee Marguerite 1er Cru - 57.98
2017 Pierre-Yves Colin-Morey Saint-Aubin La Chateniere 1er Cru - 64.98
2017 Pierre-Yves Colin-Morey Saint-Aubin La Pucelle - 49.98
2017 Pierre-Yves Colin-Morey Saint-Aubin Le Banc - 49.98
2017 Pierre-Yves Colin-Morey Santenay Ceps Centenaires - 54.98
2017 Pierre-Yves Colin-Morey Santenay Gravieres 1er Cru - 59.98
2017 Pierre-Yves Colin-Morey Santenay La Comme Blanc - 57.98
2017 Pierre-Yves Colin-Morey Santenay Passetemps 1er Cru - 57.98

Tasted a swag of these with Pierre-Yves last week. Buy as many as you are offered, Robert.

Haven’t tasted any from 2017, but your pricing here looks pretty sharp. I’d certainly all I could justify/afford.

Based on my experiences with past vintages I’d focus on La Chateniere and Remilly. They were both sold out in my market so I ended up with a six pack of the Cuvee Marguerite, and I appear to have paid a 20% premium over your prices (but Canada is an oppressive wine market).

Thanks for the encouragement fellows…I just did 2-3-4 of mostly 1er I guess. 2 cases this year, as I always regret not going deeper. WOuld like to go 3…I’m guessing I wouldn’t regret that either :grin:

I would be all over the St. Aubin Remilly

I’ve had 2 of these. The St Aubin Le Blanc is pretty coiled up, but unwinds beautifully. The Santenay La Comme is fully open for business and a sensational drink today.

What Jeremy said.

Yep, at those prices…buy whatever you can afford. You won’t be upset later in time. I still regret not buying more Keller GGs “back when”…

For the same price, I’d take La Pucelle over Le Banc. Lovely wine.

Ok Gents we can close this thread down, no more encouragement needed as I gave in and went for the 3rd case. Credit card is imploding… [drinkers.gif]

Lol! Do you plan on drinking these young or will you gamble with aging?

Short term aging only I’d imagine, less a few bottles for experimental lessons. My holding only go back to 13 and I’m getting nervous about those. I enjoy them pretty young and really have no history personally with proper aged burgs, so I don’t see any reason to start now considering risk factors.

+1

I already have my annual 6 pack of 2017 St Aubin en remilly.

Btw I’m part way through a half case of the Bourgogne Blanc and it’s a pretty tasty wine right now. If you are looking for a wine to drink this year you couldn’t go too far wrong.

I don’t think sitting on them is a gamble. I have various levels back to 2011 and every bottle I’ve opened has not only been perfect in terms of premox, it has tasted young.

I drank a 2013 St. Aubin Remilly on Saturday and it is still youthful. I like them young and was not disappointed.

Ok let’s get into the higher end bottles now. Anything stand out here. Mostly beyond my comfort zone but always willing to expand, although not to the Monty’s :slight_smile:

CHEVALIER MONTRACHET 750
BATARD MONTRACHET 700
CORTON-CHARLEMAGNE 250
CHASSAGNE GRANDES RUCHOTTES 170
PULIGNY CHAMPS GAINS 165
PULIGNY GARENNES 160
CHASSAGNE ABBAYE MORGEOT 130
CHASSAGNE MORGEOT 130
CHASSAGNE CHENEVOTTES 120
PULIGNY TREZIN 90
MEURSAULT NARVAUX 90
CHASSAGNE MONTRACHET V.V. 75

To give you some perspective, PM Folatieres and CM Cailerets were c. $130 and meursault perrieres $175 in uk all in. I’d skip all the trophies in your list and buy the stuff at champs gains price and below.

I only got ancengieres, chassagne vv, and en remilly this year.

FWIW, I usually find PYCM’s Chenevottes to be a sweet spot in the lineup. I’d definitely pull the trigger at $120. That’s also a pretty good price for the Corton Charlemagne in the US, although obviously it’s objectively a good chunk of change.

Where are you seeing those prices in the US?