SAQ Quebec City ??

I’m planning a trip to Quebec City in September and I’m wondering if there are any recommendations for SAQs to hit or restaurants that may also have some cool hidden gems. I remember the last time I was in Canada (Montreal I think) I found a restaurant that had the 1996 La Tache for $2,500 CD. While I’m not going to buy anything that expensive I would love any recommendations.

Also what does the Command Speciale mean on their website??

Thanks in advance.

Yes, there’s a signature store (SAQ) about 10 minutes from the old city, straight along Blvd Laurier. Spent a sum there a few summers ago and filled up 2 shippers worth. Stupid expensive Brdx, but very reasonably priced Burgs, Rhones, basically anything else French (surprise!).
Got some very well priced Thibault Liger Belairs & Chevillions that were sitting on shelves that are nearly impossible to source here in Ontario via importers.

Not sure there are great values on any lists I’ve been to, but you may want to search the QC thread that was going (I posted once or twice on it) a while ago. Nice finds though, just not inexpensive.

This is ages ago, Kirk, but I remember an excellent branch in the Château Frontenac—-you could check maybe. Have a great time while there. I’ll try to access my diary from my 2003 trip to see if I made note of the restaurant I ate at

Mike