TN: 1993 Potinet-Ampeau Meursault Perrieres.

super juice. I remember mostly passing on 93–followed the delicious California-like 92s that were so enticing. 20+ years later, they have softened and filled out, as have I, though that’s another subject. This one is beautiful—lemon cream and nuts, gentle texture and a long finish.

Yes, I was drinking some of their Puligny Les Combettes last year from the same vintage; amazing wine, it was in a perfect place and showing up some serious competition.

Drank 3 of a 6 pack of these back in december 2014. They were all very good. Sounds like I should tuck into the remaining three.

Is this a different producer from Robert Ampeau? I have had some wonderful older wines from Robert Ampeau including the 1993 Meursault Perrieres. I have not heard of Potinet-Ampeau. Thanks for the note and any information.

Nice work.

Different. I tracked down the details casually last year but don’t have time to recall in detail. My recollection is the grandfather or great-grandfather generation were brothers, and the family domaine was split. Also started bottling early compared to many growers rather than selling to negociants. Also holds back wine for late release.

I had bad luck with a bottle of 2002 Volnay Clos des Chenes last year bought at auction. Not clear if the wine or just a tired/maderized bottle.