Why are you into wine ?

Which phrase best describes your wine habits

• Im a drunk at heart and i like to educate myself on nice wine so i can enjoy getting drunk
  • I collect wine because i enjoy the social aspects of wine collecting and interacting with other wine collectors
  • I collect wine to build up a good cellar to show everyone how rich I am and i have a big d***
  • I collect wine so i can buy and age wines to get great mature wines at reasonable prices
  • Some other reason

0 voters

Curious on peoples motivation

These choices are dog shit. I didn’t see “I collect wine because I really enjoy it and no other beverage I’ve ever consumed has the range and complexity of flavors or scope of offerings, and I like to have any number of those choices available so I can cater to my own tastes at any given time.” I mean, (i) I’m a drunk; (ii) I like socializing; (iii) flash my money and measure my cock; or (iv) it’s cheaper this way.

Come on, man. The choices in this poll are almost as bad as drinking wine in France.

Brett Favre

Taste.

I’m in it for the chicks!

This is the right place, yeah? newhere

So stop bitching and create your own poll, so we can bitch about that poll !!

But this is so much easier!!!

Because it’s available widely at Binnys. champagne.gif [snort.gif]

It enhances life.

It’s a great topic, but we don’t need a poll. For me it’s just as much (maybe more) about the experience than the juice. Drinking the wine with the winemaker, proprietors creates a level of nostalgia evoking good memories when you open it at home in the future.

All the above?

Because it gives me more reasons to trash the French?

I suppose I got really into wine originally through my ex-wife. She had (half!) a big, kind of show-off cellar. But then I found out that I have a really sharp palate, and the more I drank, the more I liked what it made me think about.
I do like to think about the life of wine, how it’s a living thing. I like to think about what was going on the year the grapes were growing, how the sun was shining that summer or if it rained… what the weather was like. I think about all those people who tended and picked the grapes, and if it’s an old wine, how many of them must be dead by now. I love how wine continues to evolve, how every time I open a bottle it’s going to taste different than if I had opened it on any other day. Because a bottle of wine is actually alive — it’s constantly evolving and gaining complexity. That is, until it peaks — like your ’61 — and begins its steady, inevitable decline. And it tastes so f$cking good.

:slight_smile:

]Last part of the tekst is from Sideways. Love that movie [cheers.gif]

I’m not into wine.
Wine is into me.
Temporarily, as Victor is sure to remind us.

Mostly because I love the way it tastes and smells.
A good deal because I like aging it myself. Not just for cost, but for provenance.
A good deal because of the social aspects and friends I’ve made through wine.
Partly because finding and collecting is fun.

Only a guy who wears a size 14 shoe and packs the kind of heat you do can get away with (iii) [oops.gif]

Never one to miss an opportunity to talk about my big dick.

the free helicopter rides.

I drink beer, tequila, bourbon, whiskey, sake, wine, etc. I know a ton about beer, bourbon, tequila. I know nothing about wine, which is why I hang here