Copain mags on WineBid

They’ve been there for months. Bought some at what seemed like good pricing, took delivery and sampled them. Just purchased a whole bunch more at even lower prices. Crazy prices. Anyone know the story here? Mags of good Pinot for $40, $50, $60 plus vig and shipping still seem like no-brainers to me, and yet they linger on the site. My friends will be happy lollygagging in the backyard drinking up these mags over the coming years! Anyone else take advantage?

I bought two mags of 2011 syrah from winebid last May.

The description on the lot said the wines came from a collector who purchased the wines from Copain on release and was selling them on winebid to fund donations for the fire relief in California. Like you I am surprised they’re still available.

I bought a few of the of the 750s when the slug of Copain hit WineBid about a year ago. I think these mags are the last remnants of that. Most of what are percieved as the good vineyards and vintages were swooped up in the first week. I’ve been eyeing grabbing some of these for the last few months but haven’t pulled the trigger

My guess is the winery sold a bunch of its library there. There were things like 3L Combe De Grea and the never released 2013 Kiser En Bas.

Alright, now I’ve started to go down the rabbit hole. Does anyone have experience with the Copain chards? They have some 2011 and 2012’s on WineBid, think they are still holding up?

Sorry!

They also have some mags of Chards left. I would imagine those should still be drinking well.

Thanks. Didn’t know the 2013 Kiser en Bas was never released. Interesting detail.

I definitely can see that the cherries were picked earlier on. I even did some picking myself! But it’s hard to ignore mags at these prices. How bad are the lesser vintages anyway, and more to the point, are my family and non-wine geek friends gonna be able to tell? No way, and I’ll enjoy these too!

I bought some of the 750 Syrahs from what I thought were good vintages: 06, 07, 08. They were “OK”. An 07 Thompson Syrah was actually kind of bad. Glad I tried them. Wouldn’t buy more.