Phillips Hill Valley Foothills Gewürztraminer 2016

Great fruit from Casey and the valley foothills vineyard!

Green tinged straw and clear. A: rose water and lychee and guava. F: Pear, lemon, Bright acid, minerally cut, moderate length. Really solid GW and a nice value too.

Compared to other GW in AV, this sits favorably amongst the crowd. I’d put it up there with Lazy Creek and Witching Stick, my other two current favorites. Navarro is also very good, but these 3 have an extra kick of freshness that is enjoyable for me.

Thanks for the head’s up on this GWT, Dan. Ya gotta admit…that Casey guy knows a bit about growing great grapes.
Not familiar w/ this wnry. Don’t see the GWT on their WebSite.
Tom

Give them a call as they had it in the tasting room recently. They make nice and restrained PN from Roma’s, Oppenlander, Valenti, and Cerise (no more of that unfortunately). Also a nervy Riesling. From your other notes I think you’d like their wines quite a bit!

I’d guess that they might be sold out of the '16 GW by now? The CH is pretty cool stuff too. From my jobsite all made in steel. Nice texture and acid balance. Coming soon is a Pinot from Day Ranch (yes the other jobsite). I haven’t tried it yet but Toby, winemaker/owner is pretty pumped about t.