TN: 2012 Comm. G.B. Burlotto Nebbiolo Langhe (Italy, Piedmont, Langhe, Langhe DOC)

Well I most certainly had not prepared for such fireworks from a wine I had paid 16.80 € for a few years back, even after loving their Langhe Mores a lot a few weeks ago. I am not a psychic but somehow I can imagine a lot more Burlotto’s wine in my cellar in the near future.

• 2012 Comm. G.B. Burlotto Nebbiolo Langhe - Italy, Piedmont, Langhe, Langhe DOC (20.4.2019)
    Decanted 1 hour in advance, enjoyed over 1.5 hours. Lots of character on the nose: cherry and tar sure, but also beef jerky and tomato leaf. A markedly masculine vibe to it. On the palate it has really good volume and a terrific structure. Dry and savory with awesome grip, this wine is rough and rugged and very charismatic. Indeed very much old school all the way, there is nothing polished nor smooth about it but it is authentic and delicious and clearly extremely well made. A true baby-Barolo with good depth and really firm mouthfeel, awesome length as well.

Posted from CellarTracker