TN: Buzz Special - 2007 Mondavi Fume Blanc To-Kalon Reserve

Made dinner tonight, fish piccatta, and dug this up in the cellar.

Poured with a young pale straw and has a beguiling nose of meyer lemon, pink grapefruit, lemon curd, and papaya. Palate is lithe with citrus fruits, balanced acidity but on the high side and a long finish. Wine seems impermeable to age after 12 years.

Buzzini special as we talked about these in the Parker days and since as best New World Sauvignon Blanc and debated this or I-Block.

1 Like

Ha…just finished a bottle of the 12! SO good! [cheers.gif]

Thank you for the note. Is this the Fume Blanc that is only available from the winery?

That one is the I-Block in the frosted bottle that is from the very old To-kalon vines in that section.

https://robertmondaviwinery.com/products/2017-robert-mondavi-winery-to-kalon-vineyard-i-block-fume-blanc?utm_source=Email&utm_medium=Owned&utm_campaign=Retention&utm_content=RMW_211029_WineSpotlightIBlock_p%3AEmail_b%3ARMW_ct%3AEmail_fs%3ADTC_mt%3ARetention_obj%3AConversions_init%3AWineS&utm_term=WineSpotlightIBlock&_kx=JKusBrE0TIUI-EPK9NH49tSddlcrOTC-VEGpKv2t_q8%3D.YxXcxA

2017 I Block link

both bottles are great. last bottle had 16 of this recently and scooped up to bury for a while

You said in another thread you just received an email from Mondavi offering this ? This has been released for some time as I purchased this and the 2018 I Block when we visited the winery this past July. I guess they’re trying to get rid of older stock …

Had an 09 I block and 08 dominus Saturday night with dinner in Vegas. Dominus was great but not in the same league. Please refrain from talking about that wine

About Dominus? It’s a fantastic wine imo…

Yes Dominus! Talk freely about Dominus