What's your house champagne?

My go to at home is Charles Heidsieck NV and Paul Bara Rose. Always open to expanding the list and trying new grower champagnes that don’t break the bank. What are some of your everyday champagnes?

Ulysse Collins, usually Maillons, or Billecart-Salmon Rose, though I’m liking the Larmandier Bernier Rose a lot lately as well.

Lately, Vilmart Grand Reserve

NV Ployez-Jacquemart Champagne Extra Quality Brut

One of them is the Jean-Pierre Launois Composition by Paul Launois Blanc de Blancs (from Les Mesnil sur Oger). Delicious.

Comtes

I dont drink champagnes frequently but when I do it’s usually Perrier Jouet Blanc de Blancs.

For Champagne it’s Collet. For Sparkling it’s Davis Family Vineyards Blanc de Noirs Brut Rose.

This and/or Le Mesnil BdB Grand Cru.

Goutorbe Rose

I don’t have one. I have spent a lot of time trying to assemble what I want in Champagne and I don’t have more than 2-3 of some things so often for me, what is ‘house’ is what I want to share with my wife or the friends we have over.

Whatever Envoyer is selling to me.

(but usually Gimonnet, Pierre or Robert Moncuit, Michel, Dhondt, Goutorbe, Vilmart, Heidsieck, Varnier-Fanniere, Vazart-Coquet, etc.)

1 Like

Blair, I was in Envover last week and they had still a few of the 2012 Vazart-Coquet on the wire racks, i.e. for sale. Man, that bottle is nice. I may stop in there on Thursday and if they are still there, I be taking a few more of them.

Sorry about the thread drift but Blair made me do it.

Cedric Bouchard Val Vilaine

1 Like

Jacquart Brut Mosaic

Hard to go wrong @ $22 a bottle

I’m still new to exploring Champagne, but my current favorite entry level Champagne is Pierre Moncuit Grand Cru Blanc de Blancs Brut (NV).

Hmm. Things that have fit this category:

1. Hure Freres Invitation Brut and Insouciance Rose.
  2. Marc Hebrart Cuvee Reserve
  3. Larmandier-Bernier Longitude (worth the extra $$ over Latitude)
  4. Lilbert (when I can)
  5. Mousse Fils (can’t remember the name of their base BdN)
  6. J.M. Seleque 7 Villages

Also a good one. Try the 1er bottling too.

+1

We drink a fair amount of the Davos from Pierre Moncuit.

For us it’s either that or the base NV from Bereche right now,