TN: 2000 Domaine Leroy Nuits St. Georges 1er Cru Les Vignes Rondes

• 2000 Domaine Leroy Nuits St. Georges 1er Cru Les Vignes Rondes - France, Burgundy, Côte de Nuits, Nuits St. Georges 1er Cru (4/13/2019)
    Popped and poured. Typical Leroy nose, just lovely with a citrusy mineral laden core featuring high toned Vosne spice notes, sandalwood and dusty cherry. Starting to show some secondary aromas of earth and sous bois. The palate is lithe with a saline infused silky texture, balanced acidity and sweet cherry flavor. More Vosne-Romanée than Nuits Saint Georges, definitely Leroy and a singular expression of red burgundy. (94 pts.)

Posted from CellarTracker

great note, great wine.

Interesting note. I have a bottle of the 2001 that I have been holding onto. Probably for longer if the 2000 is only starting show some maturing now.

I debated opening the 2001 which I also have, but ultimately decided to go with the 2000. It was definitely in the zone of early maturity that I prefer for Red Burgundy. I suspect that the 2001 will show younger but have not had it so that’s just an assumption based on my history with other 01s.