Help with food/wine pairing and order

I have a significant birthday coming up soon and will be hosting some close friends and relatives to a special dinner to celebrate. Amongst some other special bottles, we’ll be serving some 02 DRC RSV and 06 Le Pin. Would love some thoughts on what to pair them with and in what order. I typically don’t serve claret after burgundy but le pin is reputedly very Burgundian in style. Also, could either work with cheese and, if so, with what kind of cheese?

I will be turning 60 on Monday, and plan to have an nice wine dinner with good friends. Best wishes to you.

By the way, DRC? Must be nice…[grin.gif]

Hi Dan, it’s been a while! For the DRC you could go with a game bird but I would stay away from red grouse. I like it but it can be too intense and overpower the wine. Of course, if cooked very rare and you have adventurous guests, it could be a lot of fun. I realize you know this already. I could also see sweetbreads with porcini mushrooms or morels. I love that with almost anything. The Le Pin is more difficult for a special occasion, at least for me. Maybe some A5 Japanese Wagyu?