Wrong on Chardonnag

For a long time I would never drink white wine. Then I a few good whites at a restaurant and decided to try more white. I’ve had a Ceritas Chardonnay about a month or so ago and last night had my first Aubert Chardonnay different wines but not amazing. Maybe I just didn’t like cheap and crappy white wine.

is Chardonnag when someone bugs you about not drinking Chardonnay?

Alan,
Good one !

Albert and Ceritas “cheap and crappy”?

And Howard thinks I’m bad…

Chardonnay can make exquisite wines, but the grape doesn’t have a distinct flavor profile. I don’t drink a lot of it myself.

Maybe you should try other grapes. Check out some rieslings – off-dry or dry from Germany, or dry from Austria or the Finger Lakes of New York. Or some Vouvray (chenin blanc from the Loire Valley), which also comes in styles from dry to dessert wine. The best are world-class. Some of the indigenous Italian white grapes can be crisp with great mineral-tinged aromas: Verdicchio, Vernaccia or Vermentino.

I don’t know the Ceritas wines. The look like they’re from cooler areas, but Aubert’s wines are generally big, ripe, full-bodied, relatively low-acid wines. Maybe you should try other styles of chardonnay – e.g., white Burgundy or Chablis.

You gotta love the Berserker-ness of anyone willing to post something that inflammatory.
Maybe the OP just has the palate (and spelling skills) of a yak. neener

I’m not much of an Aubert chard fan, but “cheap and crappy”?

My sentiments exactly!

Though blood appears to be in the water gentlemen, might it be more of a language issue ?

I know he didn’t word the post this way, but it feels like he was trying to say that he enjoyed those wines And that perhaps his indifference to Chardonnay was simply based on the previous cheap ones.

That’s how I read it too

Me TOO!
And we all know Bu3ker can’t read nor spell ! [pwn.gif] [snort.gif]

That may indeed be what he meant, once I re-read it.

Nagging on chardonnay? C’mon, that’s been done before!