What's with K&L and all those six-packs?

Just wondering if this is a pretty standard practice or sort of an outlier?

Six-packs? Did Rimmerman get hired?

Don’t know who that guy is but lately K&L has been offering a lot of 6-pack only purchases as you can see in their live product feed, all of which are special order wines. Just curious if this is really standard practice in other shops / retailers. I for one rarely see this online, but that is just my data point.

Is there any free shipping with those offers? Reason I ask is that I know they do a lot of 3rd party shipping now, and it’s pricey, so that could be them mitigating it as much as possible.

Also probably cuts down on overhead.

Just a guess, but could be a good business practice that fits most of their clients.

iirc he’s the garagiste guy

Sounds like they can order it from a book but need to know ppl are committed.

The pricing on the recent special order 6packs ( Faiveley, Pousse d’Or, Taylor Fladgate ) is good without being sharp, so they can offer after confirming availability. So if someone bites they do ok without tying up any more. If they offered the ‘12 Pousse d’Or CdlR at $245 and one or two people bought, they’d have $1000+ of inventory. So doing 6 packs on special order is a no-lose for them. K&L has a good rep and is only offering a few of these, so sure they have confirmed availability before offering, so it’s not like those stores that offer their entire distributors’ books as available for special order.