What's a person to do? So many threads. One confession.

Do I put this in the cellar photo thread? How about the cellar reduction plan thread? Or the WBA thread? What’s a person with a buying problem to do?
0412191022.jpg
Post you real cellar photos. Not that amateur stuff after the maid cleans up and the junior associates finish indexing out.

You omitted the big house/small house thread. Go large my friend, go large.

Why you singling me out, Brother Hack? I’m just country.

Jay - Goes in the cellar reduction thread. You do not have a buying problem as there are many open slots in the racks. What gives? Perhaps the buying problem of which you speak is that you are not buying enough.
And what’s with the wooden box with the words “père et fils?” Is that really your cellar? Or did Justin Strider Smith have a son?

But look at all those empty slots! You are one lazy wineaux :wink:

Well, if you get rid of all of those shippers, oversized wooden boxes, and Cayuse cartons, and consolidate all of that into empty rack spaces and regular wine boxes, you’ll have a lot more space. Then you can buy more!

Looks like my dining room. About 15 cases piled up in there. Gotta figure out what to do with it all.

That’s more like what I was expecting to see in the show off your cellar thread. I’m working on building racking for my cellar, but in the meantime I have boxes on boxes on boxes that I am sifting through. I feel like a crypt keeper and/or I should be on the hoarders tV show when I go into the cellar looking for a very specific wine that I can’t recall where I put it.

It is pretty clear to me that the only answer to the issues raised by this picture is to build a new bigger cellar. Then, you can post a picture of the new cellar in the cellar photo thread and use this picture as the before photo.

We need a sticky thread with cellar photos.

Some wives see cellars as they are and ask “why”?
WB dream of cellars as they never were, and ask “why not?” [worship.gif]

“Some men see things as they are, and ask why. I dream of things that never were, and ask why not.” Robert Kennedy

This looks like a work in progress. Clearly the cellar is already there, though.

There are about a half dozen open slots because I just pulled that many bottles to bring to a bar association dinner. That is all

That’s my 2005 Burgundy collection. Just STFU and don;'t tell anyone about it. It will ruin my reputation.

Those are not empty slots. It is double deep racking !! so there is more leeway and I usually push the bottles all the way back.

I have seven in my garage. It’s cooler in there than in the dining room.

I have my cellar because my wife was sick and tired of having to move cases around on the floor to find the wine she wanted to drink! She made me build it.

Compared to my cellar, you look like a neatness freak who likes an airy floor plan.

I think the OP was meant to inspire some “real cellars of WB” pics that you won’t find in a magazine. Here you go. I decided to spend the $$ on the juice instead of the finishing…a decision I may come to regret. And yes, that’s a wine.com box smack dab in the middle. Please don’t flame me, the good stuff is in the Eurocave.

newhere

Jay, you need a smaller buying problem or a bigger drinking problem (said the pot to the kettle).

That’s what I always tell people. I am trying to develop a drinking problem, but I am failing. If I had a drinking problem, my life would be in balance.