TN: 2015 Domaine Bernard Baudry - Chinon "La Croix Boissée" (France, Loire Valley, Touraine, Chinon)

2015 Domaine Bernard Baudry Chinon La Croix Boissée - France, Loire Valley, Touraine, Chinon (4/8/2019)
– first glass poured approx. 30 min. before initial taste –
– tasted non-blind over a couple days –

NOSE: “dark”; brooding; cherry pit; garrigué/stony/plum/bell pepper melangé; clean; quintessential Chinon.

BODY: medium bodied; superfine particulate matter present; garnet-violet color of great depth.

TASTE: medium-grained tannins are drying; light, sweet oak; plum; bell pepper; old wood furniture and a hint of shoe polish; hint of leather; medium acidity; 13.5% alc. not noticeable; very stony; well-balanced; if this puts on weight with age this will be incredible; not heavy/thick. Continued being awesome on Day 2. Clearly speaks of Cabernet Franc. Seems this could comfortably be consumed over the next twenty years. Perhaps just a hair shy of the incredible 2010, but that’s picking nits. Excellent wine!

50, 5, 13, 17, 9 = (94 pts.)

Thank you for the excellent note.

Worth a pop now? Or really better waiting for a spell?

sounds fantastic brian!

Pat, I was pleasantly surprised. If you have a bunch (I had six bottles) I feel it’s a good idea to open one now to get your own personal take on the vintage. It was an enjoyable bottle, and it showed great on Day 2, too.

…or 30…40…

I had a 2010 I served blind a few weeks ago and the damn thing was corked. I got one left and suppose I will hang onto it for some more time, Graf. Thanks for your notes, too–you’ve done a # of good posts lately with different things you have tasted so thank you, buddy.

It is my pleasure, Frank. Thanks to you, and everyone else, for reading and commenting! [cheers.gif]

p.s.: hide that 2010 way in the back of your cellar.

Thanks for the note! This has been praised by many now and I was looking to buy more but was only able to source two bottles. Alas, they are now sleeping sideways in my off-site cellar. Love this producer.