Make Wine.... Then Tell Lies....

I posted this because i see these “FirstLeaf” ads every day on Facebook, and I often report them as untrue, but they just keep coming.

Also the production facility mentioned is right next door to me, which I did not know, and I know a lot of the people that work there, so it’s upsetting that they possibly are participating in this kind of seemingly fraudulent marketing…(IMO)…

Thanks for posting. I love making comments to those pop up adds. Got one today for Wine Insiders. My favorite is wine.com. Easily the worst pricing on wine I have seen on a large scale. Talk about paying too much.

I wish wholesalers marked up wines 50% as Tom asserts, 18-25% is more accurate.

What I do agree with is this is not an accurate portrayal, my SIL is getting into wine and asked me if a few of these different clubs were worth it, so they do get people’s attention and I am sure they recruit subscribers.

Honestly, the proof is in the drinking. I have fallen for a couple of these introductory offers (can’t remember it if it was from them or some other similar company), figuring that the wine would at least be serviceable as a daily drinker. In other words, what do you have to lose for six or seven bucks a bottle?
Inevitably, the wine ends up not even being worth that much.

Markup of 18% at the wholesale level?

That is amusing.

I was scratching my head a bit at that one.

I think this is simply the Capitalist Way, is it not? Anything seems fair in business and politics these days.

A coworker of mine bought a case after getting a “$100 off” coupon. The first bottle he opened wasn’t even drinkable.

Hopefully with enough people like your friend, Adam Smith’s free hand will knock them out of the marketplace and they’ll get their due.

How about Fit Vine? I flag that one when I see it as well.

Why? Not sure what I’d have to gain by putting a false number.

Next up, Robo calls from Top Wines Cheap or Screaming Falcon Vineyards and not just on your home or business phone but also on your cell phone. There may be a day that robocall phone number may be your own phone number. There is no control, no rules and no enforcement so do your due diligence on these businesses.

Pretty sure 50-100% is not abnormal. Depends on a myriad of factors (producer, price, volume, etc., etc.) but 18-25 would be miraculously low.

YES. Their marketing is entirely based on lies. All of it.

Maybe I am misunderstanding the tier he is pointing at, I took it to mean wholesale distributors.

I don’t know anyone at the distributor tier at that rate. 35-40% is considered piggish.

In my distributor programming experience, it’s +/- 25% GP.