TN: Fourchaume reason I didn't buy enough of these!

• 2014 Domaine Billaud-Simon Chablis 1er Cru Fourchaume - France, Burgundy, Chablis, Chablis 1er Cru (4/10/2019)
    This has creamed up nicely since my last couple bottles…still fresh and energized with lemon/lime acidity, chalky limestone, salty sea air. Such a purity and crystalline wine that screams Chablis! Love the sourness of the lemon and green apple skin…the crushed geology dryness, pretty Spring blossom florals…some prickly spice…wonderful white honey creme melding everything together with a pleasing length and feel. This has gained immensely from the first four bottles consumed! (94 pts.)

Posted from CellarTracker

I have hoofed through a mixed case of Chablis AC and Montee de Tonnerre. Both stunning.

don’t wine, you Chablis rewarded with other great wines, I am sure. I remember touting B-S MdT 14 long ago.

the 14 billaud simon are fire. gone through 6btls of the mdt.

and yes you did alan! bought based on your recos!

Yep, the '14 MdT is crazy good. I got a few bottles after Ed brought out a magnum.

Gotta try Fourchaume!

Mont de Milieu is very good as well (was, I guess. all of mine gone, as MdT savers) they did a great job in 2014.

that’s right! i was wondering what happened to my mag lol. thanks for the reminder :slight_smile:

Tremblay makes a killer Fourchaume.

6 bottles gone just like that! SO good…and too easy to drink! My remainder 14 MdT’s need to worry. [drinkers.gif]

All of my defenders are now gone, so I’m down to my last 1 or 2 MdT’s. I’ve now hidden them from myself, so there’s a chance they may survive a little longer.