TN: Two Nebbs from HumboltCnty...(short/boring)

Tried these two new Nebbs from the furtherest regions of HumboltCnty:

1. FieldbrookCllrs Nebbiolo TrinityRiverCuvee/HumboltCnty (13.9%) 2013: Med.color; light earthy/dusty some grapey/plummy very light floral/lilacs/Nebb/fairly ripe rather quiet/low-key slight herbal pleasant enough nose; fairly tart/bit acidic light floral/lilacs/Nebb some earthy/herbal quiet bit simple flavor w/ light fairly gentle tannins; med.long slight tangy/bit metallic light floral/lilacs/Nebb bit plummy some earthy/herbal finish w/ light gentle tannins; a pleasant enough red that speaks of Nebb w/ a whisper; a bit of the MendoCnty tomatoey character; not very distinctive. $21.00

1. terragena Nebbiolo LostCoast’s DragonVnyd/HumboltCnty (12.7%; Plntd: 1993; #65 of 900/75 cs; Hrvstd: Oct 31; pH: 3.45, TA: 0.70%) 2016: Very light garnet/bit orangey almost rose color; very fragrant floral/violets/bit lilacs/Nebb some strawberry very light pungent/licorice slight pencilly quite aromatic; fairly tart/tangy rather delicate/elegant rather floral/violets/rose petal/strawberry light pungent/tarry bit pencilly some complex flavor w/ light gentle tannins; very long/lingering slight tart/tangy very bright/floral/violets/rose petal/lilacs very slight pungent/tarry/licorice bit pencilly slight earthy/dusty bit complex finish w/ light gentle tannins; a rather delicate expression of Nebb but speaks definitely of Nebb; quite a pretty expression of Nebbiolo. $35.10

A wee BloodyPilpit:

1. terragena: This is the wnry of ChristopherBuchanan, located to hell&gone in MeyersFlat of HumboldCnty. http://terragenavineyard.com. The grapes come from an even more remote area in HumboltCnty, the town of Hoopa. Chris had the opportunity to buy these grapes in 2016 when Fieldbrook http://www.fieldbrookwinery.com wanted the grapes at 24 Brix and it just not-agonna happen that yr. So Chris continues to take Nebb from his vnyd.
    This is a pretty unusual rendition of Nebbiolo. One of the lightest I’ve seen, almost a rose. I don’t consider that a fault but many will. I was quite taken by the perfume it showed…distinctly Nebb. It reminded me a lot of the GDVajra JC (Jefferson/Corti) Claret Nebb Langhe. This wine is based on a TN from ThomasJefferson that Darrell happened upon. Probably not posted by Thomas on any InterNet Wine Boards I’d guess. Darrell asked if they could replicate that wine that Jefferson did. I love that JC Claret for its lovely perfume, though the terragena doesn’t have that strong of a strawberry character. Could it be that this terragena resembles the Barolo that ThomasJefferson drank?? Have no clue…before my time. Of course, the lovers of B/B will reject this wine because of its light color and the fact that it doesn’t taste like Piemonte Barolo…but I think it’s quite a pretty expression of HumboltCnty Nebb.
    Tom

Can we assume you’ve been following Hoopa wines from the very start?