Léoville Las Cases Vertical Dinner

We had talked about reprising a Léoville Las Cases vertical dinner, and it just happened to coincide with our 34th wedding anniversary. The wines were phenomenal and the evening was one to be remembered.

https://www.cellartracker.com/event.asp?iEvent=41052&searchId=182586B4%23selected%253DW1447602_1_Kdc52f5d7cfc33949a4d65b68216a28b4&UISource=list

Congratulations on your anniversary.

Happy Anniversary! Great photos and spread. Glad you got to open an anniversary wine. Hopefully you have more '85s to open on many more anniversaries.

Cheers,
Warren

Happy anniversary Colin!

Thanks to all of you for your kind anniversary wishes. I’m very lucky to have found a woman who has been able to put up with me for 34 years!

[cheers.gif]

Very cool and congrats. The 1985 LLC was one of my “ah ha” Bordeaux that cascaded to a buying spree. I last had one about 10 years ago iirc. Your note brought back nice memories, but I have to say I was surprised to hear that a good bottle is still going that strong and perhaps for another 10 years. That wine was at peak in the early 2000’s for me…your note makes me wish I had a few bottles left somewhere. May look for one on a restaurant list in the future…

Thanks for your kind comments, Dave. I think that with a wine of that age, it is all about provenance (and luck).

Got my attention. Leoville las Cases is always my favorite Bordeaux.

1 Like