Masters Champions Dinner - Patrick Reed's Picks

Seems fitting .

Boring choices but probably fits the crowd well.

Agree on the boring options.

Well, he is from Texas.

[whistle.gif]

Mmmmmm, wedge salad, big ass ribeye, mac n’ cheese, corn brulee, sea salt broccoli…other than the lousy red wine, I thought it sounded good!

It’s a steakhouse dinner!

I’m sure there will be a few players ordering some alternative menu items .

Every time I see a post like this it reminds me of Fuzzy Zoeller.

Caymus seems to be a popular pick at these dinners. Surprised they don’t go with the SS if Caymus is what catches their eye

Quite expected, given what I’ve seen of, and heard from, him when he plays. No that there’s anything wrong with that.

Let you get this straight, the guy is a 29 year old exceptional PGA player and several of you expect him to be a “foodie” and wine expert/geek? For all we know, maybe he likes wings and beer, who gives a shit? Good grief, food and wine selections are the LAST thing on his mind! :man_facepalming:t2:🏌🏼‍♂

Adam Scott served Grange IIRC

Drink some of Fuzzys vodka instead

Faldo had great choices, so did Mark O’Meara. Gotta remember he’s just a young guy.

I fully agree, and by the way, it’s a perfect dinner for the Masters. I’m eating yesterdays’ pimento cheese sandwich as I type. It ain’t fancy, just old school awesome!

Now the wine, well…

Millions of dollars in their bank account and that is what they pour. Wow! I wonder what the corkage is as a champion if you bring your own wine.

Augusta National has an incredible wine cellar available to its members. I know a few folks that have enjoyed rounds and overnight stays there. If I recall our conversations correctly everything is set up weeks in advance with very little room for change or extensions. The wine list is also priced well below what you’d expect. I want to say it’s only a 20-50% markup on the club’s cost but I can’t recall the exact details.

Could’ve poured Macdonald

ANGC’s wine list is deeeeep and inexpensive. Winner pays for his Champion’s Dinner. The club certainly helps out with wine selections if desired…TW served '75 Mouton and '95 Leflaive Batard alongside his cheeseburgers and french fries.

I think he wanted a wine that tastes like it’s from San Antonio.