Anyone going to this Saturday's Garagiste Wine Festival "Northern Exposure" tasting in Sonoma?

Just wanted to see whether any other Berserkers are planning to attend Saturday’s Garagiste Wine Festival “Northern Exposure” tasting in Sonoma. I’ve been to a couple of these events (including last year’s tasting in Sonoma) and found them to be fun as well as great opportunities to discover small-production wineries, most of them fairly new and under the radar. There are some producers that are a little better-known who’ll be pouring there as well, including Alma Fria, Betwixt, Camlow, Fields Family, Gros Ventre, Kendric, and Witching Stick.

The lineup at these events tends to change quite a bit from year to year, which helps keep it fresh. I’ve tasted some very good wines at past events, from producers such as Cutruzzola, Montagne Russe, Powicana Farm (those three producers are pouring this year too), Dilecta, Flywheel, Gregory James, Halcón, Murder Ridge, Tercero, Tessier, Theopolis, Two Shepherds, Von Holt, West of Temperence and others. In a number of cases, the first time I’d tasted wines from these producers was at the Garagiste Wine Festival event.

A full list of producers pouring this year is here: 2019 Sonoma Wineries
If you haven’t heard of many of them, that’s really the whole point! This event is a fine way to discover some tiny (<1,500cs/yr) and little-known producers.

Full info on the event is here: 2019 Garagiste Wine Festival “Northern Exposure”

FWIW, I have no connection with this event at all, just think that it’s a worthwhile tasting that doesn’t really get that much notice and deserves more.

Witching Stick is one of my three favorites from Anderson Valley, and Van is the coolest! Really a fan of his Cerise and Fashauer pinots (and the Valenti Syrah and the dessert zin…)

See you there Ken!

Here’s a link to 15% off tickets: