TNs: Wines around London-82 La Chappele+93 Tempier+Felton Road

I was in and around London the past weekend and did my best to dive in on what I could around town for the short time I was there. Thankfully there are tons of options champagne.gif

Here are some of the highlights

• 1982 Paul Jaboulet Aîné Hermitage La Chapelle - France, Rhône, Northern Rhône, Hermitage (4/6/2019)
    Nose: The nose is deep, savory, and utterly glorious with black cherries, white and black pepper, earth, tobacco, violets, roasted meats, leather, licorice, and some bits of anise seed.

Taste: Full bodied with medium+ acidity and medium tannins that are gorgeously resolved. The feel is refined and elegant with black cherries, black raspberries, tobacco, leather, licorice, violets, and a good amount of white and black pepper.

Overall: This bottle is the definition of serendipity. I happen to be in London and happen to be sitting next to the owner of the place. So, I got a good sized pour of this. So, yea… (94 pts.)

• 1993 Domaine Tempier Bandol Cuvée Spéciale La Tourtine - France, Provence, Bandol (4/6/2019)
    Nose: The Nose Is savory, deep, balanced, and with a rustic edge backed up by tones of black cherries, black raspberries, earth notes, tobacco, leather, violets, funky tones, chalk, crushed rocks, currants, and some bits of Provençal spices.

Taste: The feel is Medium bodied with medium acidity and medium tannins. The acidity and tannins are beautifully integrated and balanced. The feel is pure silk with black cherries, black raspberries, chalk, crushed rocks, Provençal spices, violets, leather, and tobacco notes.

Overall: This just gets better and better with air. It is utterly gorgeous right now and is a real treat. If one gets the chance to try Tempier at peak, it’s well worth it. (94 pts.)

• 2012 Catherine et Pierre Breton Bourgueil Clos Sénéchal - France, Loire Valley, Touraine, Bourgueil (4/5/2019)
    Nose: The nose is well balanced and aromatic, filled with dark red cherries, raspberries, earth tones, tobacco, leather, roses, herbs, and some celery sticks. There is excellent depth with the fruit showing some youth.

Taste: Medium bodied with medium+ acidity and medium tannins. The structure is youthful, but not overpowering. The feel shows off elegance and good depth with dark red cherries, raspberries, celery stick, herbs, leather, roses, and tobacco notes.

Overall: This is a lovely Bourgeuil that is drinking beautifully right now. It shows off all of the hallmarks that make me enjoy Loire Cab Franc along with the balance and refinement to boot. There is still youth to the fruit and feel, but it’s feeling well integrated and balanced. (92 pts.)

• 2010 Felton Road Pinot Noir Cornish Point - New Zealand, South Island, Otago, Central Otago (4/4/2019)
    Nose: The nose is perfumed and feminine, filled with red cherries, strawberries, raspberries, spice tones, rose petals, violets, herbs, licorice, and currants. There is excellent depth and class with a good amount of layering.

Taste: Medium bodied with medium high acidity and medium tannins. The acidity has some excellent crispness to it with the tannins showing good integration. The feel is polished and balanced with red cherries, raspberries, spice tones, rose petals, licorice, and currants.

Overall: This is utterly gorgeous right now. There is a lot of life left in it though it is drinking beautifully at this time. The structure is well integrated and balanced with the fruit showing a tartness to it that is extremely enjoyable. (93 pts.)

Had the 1993 Tempier La Tourtine in a 2009 local dinner. It was excellent then. Good to note that 1993 Tempier are holding well as still have a lone La Miguoa.