TN: 2014 Bougetz Cellars Jovana Cabernet Franc/Merlot (USA, California, Napa Valley)

Tasting notes, varietals, grapes - anything related to wine
bob poirier
GCC Member
GCC Member

TN: 2014 Bougetz Cellars Jovana Cabernet Franc/Merlot (USA, California, Napa Valley)

#1 Post by bob poirier » April 4th, 2019, 2:06 pm

• 2014 Bougetz Cellars Jovana Cabernet Franc/Merlot - USA, California, Napa Valley (4/4/2019)
    Great nose of dark cherries, sweet tobacco, herbs and espresso. Medium body with black cherry, blueberry, earth, mocha and cedar notes. Great berserkerday buy.
Posted from CellarTracker

Thomas Bougetz
BerserkerBusiness
BerserkerBusiness

Re: TN: 2014 Bougetz Cellars Jovana Cabernet Franc/Merlot (USA, California, Napa Valley)

#2 Post by Thomas Bougetz » April 5th, 2019, 2:42 pm

Glad you enjoyed the wine Bob. The 2014 is in a particularly tasty space right now!
Enjoy,
tom

PHuff
GCC Member
GCC Member

Re: TN: 2014 Bougetz Cellars Jovana Cabernet Franc/Merlot (USA, California, Napa Valley)

#3 Post by PHuff » October 23rd, 2019, 5:57 pm

Drinking a bottle of this as I write this note.......I am really enjoying this Merlot/Cab Franc blend. The nose and first glass is giving me some cigar notes and a bit of spice (probably from the Franc), and is expressive without being over the top. The overall balance of the wine is impressive. It has just enough acidity to make it incredibly drinkable without being flabby. This was a great Berserker Day deal. This was my second bottle, the first bottle that I drank in the Spring was not so great (some weird flavors), so I think that bottle may have been flawed, as this one was really good. I wish I had bought more than 4-bottles back in January! Great job on this wine Thomas.......
Paul

Return to “Wine Talk”