Congratulations to the high bidder

https://www.klwines.com/Auction/Bidding/AuctionBidDetail.aspx?sku=1407679

Once you get it home, you probably shouldn’t Pobega it. [cheers.gif]

Wow, that’s cray cray. They could have had a Queen of Hearts!

Wow, looks like at least nine people bidding over $10k!

Bargain price for that actually. Talk about something I would never have thought I would say about a $32,000 bottle of wine.

That said, a bottle of Krug Clos d’Ambonnay at $2,700 comes with a huge velvet-lined hinged black wood case decorated with mother of pearl leaves on silver vines.

So why is a $30K bottle of Leroy Musigny in a plastic baggie and cardboard box?

because real wine lovers don’t give a s**t about packaging.

Thank you for the congratulations, we are looking forward to enjoying it with our weekly cheese plate . . .

I have some cheese that you just have to try, very rare…pm me for details and pricing.

with the plastic and the box i initially thought it was a 3L and that it wasn’t priced that high…

If they packaged it that way, it would have to sell for 45,000.

Are you sure this is not a typo? If not then the Burgundy market has gone completely bonkers. Makes tulip mania look like a small blip on the financial market. This is a 2015 wine!!!

[winner.gif]

Another great bottle that most probably will never get opened …
[cry.gif]

No fish?? [drinkers.gif]

That’s another way to go. . . but I already have a wine in mind for our next fish of the week dinner - Bastide Miraflors. It is quite popular right now, and I’ve heard some great reports on it. One critic went so far as to say that the Bastide Miraflors is “possibly the best” in a recent review.

No…congrats to the seller! [highfive.gif]

The worst part is that the shipping is extra. I would have purchased it, but can’t justify the fedex cost of bottles these days.

Good point . And K+L. What’s their cut?

I think K&L gets 5%

5% from the buyer plus 10% from the seller. Total of 15% on $30k equals $4.5k.