TN: Forlorn-Hope Nodosaur '13...(short/boring)

Tried this last night w/ dinner:

1. Forlorn-Hope Nodosaur RorickVnyd/CalaverasCnty WW (14.07%; 37 cs; Viognier/3% Albarino) MatthewRorick/Fairfield 2013: Med.dark gold color; strong nutty/toasted hazelnuts/bit oxidative some floral/honeysuckle/peach/spicy/cinammon bit figgy/graham crackers rather complex quite exotic nose; lightly tart slight tangy/metallic nutty/toasted hazelnuts/old Rouss rather graham crackers/fig newtons light floral/Viog/peach slight spicy/cinammon bit oxidative quite complex flavor; very long/lingering somewhat nutty/toasted hazelnuts/old Rhone rather figgy/graham crackers light floral/Viog/peach bit herbal slight pencilly/toasty some oxidative rather complex finish; definitely showing some oxidative but in a good sort of way and no bitterness; a lot like an old Rhone white but not the richness/texture; no signs of going over the hill but just evolving into something quite interesting/exotic; no signs of any skin-contact that I can pick up. $26.00

A wee BP:

1. In it’s youth when we tasted it in March 2015, this wine showed quite a lot of fragrant/floral Viog character w/ some CalaverasCnty earthiness. I was a bit surprised how rapidly it has lost that perfumed character. But I liked the wine in its present state quite a lot and thought it had changed dramatically from just another pretty face.
    Tom

I was a big fan at one time and my enthusiasm has waned. I have a lot of FH and I’m drinking them up except for the Tennebrink Pet. They are hit and miss, IMO, particularly the whites. I have always liked Matthew Rorick’s grenache and carignan. His small lot offerings and handwritten thank you notes were always nice too. I wish him nothing but success. I can see how the attraction with overlooked vines can lead to some misses.