TN: 2016 Ceritas Pinot Noir Costalina

Very early peak at this wine as I have a bunch. Well the good news is that the wine was fully open. The bad news is it was like tasting a barrel sample. Not harsh or unbalanced, just very young and grapy.
We opened this at a local restaurant. Expressive aromas and flavors of red raspberry, Bing Cherry, herbs (whole cluster?) and a kirsch note in the finish. Moderate acidity, the flavor profile did not budge over a two hour period. In other years the Ceritas Pinot Noir Costalina is the one to open while the single vineyards mature. In 2016 I would also give the Costalina some time :slight_smile:. It looks to be an excellent PN, just down the road a bit.
Will open another in a year or two.
IMG_20190323_185739.jpg

Thanks for that note!

Not particularly enthusiastic about the 4 I bought on Friday given this note. Hoping it comes around and turns into something a bit more complex.

You have nothing to worry about. This is how a young quality Pinot Noir should taste. I would really be concerned if it was showing more complexity at this young age.

The 2014 I had recently was terrific and starting to show more nuance and complexity. Patience will be rewarded.

Tom

Popped a 2011 Costalina last weekend, it was just barely entering its drinking window. These wines are old school style.