TN; '17 Biale Party Line North Coast Zin

TN; '17 Biale Party Line North Coast Zin; medium dark, big black fruited fresh fruit nose bordering on primary, slightly sweet and viscous, full bodied but a bit simple, slight kick of tannic grip and acid on the finish. Stayed the same over four hours. Fun to drink and solid for the price point but it doesn’t compel me to buy more. Went well with the first batch of baby backs and beef ribs of Spring and watching Purdue survive over the orange Rockie-Toppers.
Found this at an Italian grocery store that has a decent wine section-they had about ten different Biale bottlings that went from $48 to $65 and then this at $25 so I had to try one. I have drunk the occasional Biale for a long time now. This one is a dead ringer for a Bedrock “Old Vine” which is interesting since both sell at the same price and since Biale bottles a Bedrock vineyard.

Thanks for taking one for the team, Mitch. Not seen this bottling around. The regular Biales are a bit too pricey for my blood.
Tom

I used to drink a few Biale’s back in the 90’s, but never see notes on them anymore. Thanks for posting this!

I’m still on the list but have never been offered this one; have not seen it at retail either. Biale is good merchandise but you have to swallow hard when you buy it. Between Biale and Martinelli there will soon be $100 zins; never thought I’d see it.