Eurocave owners: does my Eurocave Francecave support a charcoal filter (pics inside)?

Hi folks,
I recently purchased a Eurocave Francecave from Wine Enthusiast. These are basically the same as the Artevino III, however, I was told the Francecave does not include a charcoal filter and doesn’t even support one. I confirmed this by calling Wine Enthusiast support. Purchased it anyways… It arrived this week, and it looks like there actually is a hole there where the filter would go, with a cap that says “DO NOT REMOVE.” Would there be any harm in just sticking a filter in there?

Imgur
Imgur
Imgur

Thanks,
-Daniel

Sure looks like the size and shape where the filter goes

I just got an 2 zone Artevino (Model OXY2TVD6COUS) off FB marketplace and noticed same thing. My guess is the cabinet is common in all three of the models we are talking about made by Eurocave and they put the holes in all of them. I’m going to try and see if the filter fits as I suspect it will. Doubt you need it either way, but I imagine it wouldn’t hurt. Just note if you see a difference in temp/humidity changes and compressor usage if you make the switch.

Following up - the filter from my Eurocave fits in the in Artevino hole as expected.