Determining Resale Value Of Wine

I am looking to sell some of my collection and can’t seem to find reference points some of my wines. I have checked Winesearcher and Winebid, but haven’t been able to come up with anything that is for sale or recently sold for a burgundy producer. I did pretty good finding the rhones I would like to move on Winesearcher. Perhaps there is a site that is move focused on burgundy that I am not aware of. Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

If using Cellartracker you can sign up for Wine Market Journal auction values, which are way more useful than Winesearcher for more scarce items - Winesearcher just shows you what something doesn’t sell for. :slight_smile:

Best way is to go to www.winemarketjournal.com and sign up for an account. I think a basic account is maybe $10 per year? This gives you access to an auction site aggregator, can see auction data which is (of course) where things clear the market. If you’re trying to sell, the hammer price is a good level. if someone wants to buy something from you, the hammer + markup seems fair. Just depends who’s the aggressor.

Obviously there are some other factors as well, like provenance and OWC/OCB and a few others, but it’s a good starting place.

Then cross reference vs WSPro as sometimes auction prices can be higher than where things are offered at retail.

Thanks for the advice. Wine Market Journal had most of the information I needed. The producer I was looking for was Cecile Tremblay and the Journal did have auction prices for a few vintages, just not many were up for auction. Thanks again.

When I used to action off wine I used Acker and they make available past auction results which were pretty accurate for what I was selling.