Online sources for wineries' lists per country

I am looking for lists of wineries (with location, address, contact and product details if possible) per country. These lists may be available in Wineries’ Associations or wine-related websites. I want these lists in order to add them to my Android application which, for now, regards about 700 wineries in Greece and creating your own wine routes, but the plan is to add more countries, given that data is available. Can you recommend such wineries’ national lists?

In Europe, the only such things I’ve ever seen are regional, and often rather localized – just an appellation, not even an entire province.

For your purpose, I think you’d want to be somewhat selective. A list of every winemaker in Italy or France would be overwhelming.

Best of luck!

I don’t even hope for a full list, but a large list is more than welcome. For example I found here a list of over 200 wineries in Germany.

Barbaresco: CELLARS – Enoteca del Barbaresco

Austria: https://www.austrianwine.com/search/wineries/

Lots of info in the PA control board’s direct ship list. You can probably aggregate similar lists from the web.

You’ll find much more useful information much more easily by going region by region instead of hoping for a list for an entire country. Most major (and some not so major) regions have a marketing body that lists wineries on their website.

About Austria: A M A Z I N G. 5331 wineries???
About Barbaresco: A great source!!

A great list though in pdf so hard to draw data. Thank you!

Yeah not an ideal format but you can probably paste it into an excel doc and do some separation via “text to columns” Function and work with it from there. Good luck!

Nearly 400 wineries in Sonoma County listed here. You’re welcome to use it if you cite the source/author.

Here’s one for New Zealand. It is hosted by the industry’s winegrower body. It doesn’t have absolutely every cellar door, but is reasonably inclusive.

Not all Burgundy producers are listed here (as I understand it, some of the most famous ones do not want to be listed) but here are a lot of Burgundy and Chablis producers

Sounds to me you’d be far better off pulling off of API from a winesearcher/Vivino, etc. I do not believe Vivino is open source, but I think Winsearcher is, or at least was at one point - might be a fee access now: How to Use Our API

May be worth checking other dataset sources such as Quandl, though while they have alternative data they skew mostly financial/economic/public market

1 Like