Winemakers, what color are your bottles?

My city requires that we sort glass by color for recycling, with the options being clear, green, and brown. Most bottles are easy to classify, but I find that most wine bottles these days seem to be either greenish brown or brownish green and don’t fall neatly within either category. I don’t want to contaminate the batch of recyclables, so does anyone know whether these bottles should go in the green bin or the brown bin?

I’m not looking for WAGs, as I’m perfectly capable of guessing on my own. If it helps, some examples of empty bottles that I’m having trouble classifying are 1998 Lagier Meredith Syrah, Dirty and Rowdy Antle Mourvèdre, and Alesia Pinots from 2005 to 2008.

Here’s an example of one of the bottles that doesn’t seem to fit:
E30015BC-EF42-457A-B0E7-71A07FF92D76.jpeg

I’ve renamed the post in hopes of drawing attention from those who are most likely to have an answer.

I wish more places would go to sort. Ever since China stopped accepting recyclables, more and more American material is getting landfilled because single stream waste recycling doesn’t really work all that well and people can’t seem to clean containers or throw too much crap in with the mix. It’s a mess.

I think your bottle looks on the green side to me, but I know what you’re talking about when some colors seem difficult to distinguish. Wonder how they would handle a blue bottle that some German producers sometimes use?

That color is what would be known in the business as “Antique Green”

Does that mean it’s green per the waste management folks? I haven’t the foggiest.

Dead leaf Green is really mostly yellow. Champagne Green is most definitely green. Flint is clear. We’re almost as creative as the paint folks!

Thanks, just knowing the name manufacturers use for the glass is helpful. It makes me feel better about my choice to ithrow all of my wine bottles in the green bin other than those that are either clear or unquestionably brown, which are mostly Piedmont reds and Germans.