TN: 2010 Biggio Hamina Cellars Pinot Noir Deux Vert

• 2010 Biggio Hamina Cellars Pinot Noir Deux Vert - USA, Oregon, Willamette Valley, Yamhill-Carlton (3/24/2019)
    Dark but translucent ruby color. Nose of fresh cut berry, violets, damp cellar, stone, acrid iodine. Sweet red raspberry fruit on the palate on opening, with deepening layers of black cherry, dark raspberry, rock, iron particles, and earth with time in the glass. Fine-grained tannins balanced by refreshing acidity. Longer finish of deep-seated dark berry fruit cut with iron and subtle grip. Last sips were best, indicating a long evolutionary path for this lovely wine. (92 pts.)

Posted from CellarTracker

Doug, thanks for the note. I was thinking of opening this or the 2007 Syrah tonight.

Drank the 2007 version of this PN earlier this week. It was delicious and refreshing. Probably close to peak drinking experience.

Thanks Doug, glad it showed well.

Peter,

Judging from the showing of the 2010, I can bet that the 2007 was terrific.

Todd,

IMHO you done good! Very graceful wine.

Cheers,
Doug

KILLER

• 2010 Biggio Hamina Cellars Pinot Noir Deux Vert - USA, Oregon, Willamette Valley, Yamhill-Carlton (8/29/2019)
    It’s been 5 years since I tasted this wine and I loved it before and I’m loving it now. Nose has a touch of mushroom and bing cherry. Wow, the stem notes are excellent with a strawberry/red berry fruit and high acid. Excellent wine that will age beautifully.

Had the 2009 a few weeks ago, and it was lovely. Sounds like it was a bit more ready that the 2010, but still on the young side of its mature period.

• 2010 Biggio Hamina Cellars Pinot Noir Deux Vert - USA, Oregon, Willamette Valley, Yamhill-Carlton (8/29/2019)
    Tasted blind. The first aromas of this put me onto Syrah, as it had some of the purple florals and also a distinctly tangy core that hung me up. Sweet cherry, herb, medium weight, good acidity, ending with a tangy raspberry and some blueberry skin. This is very youthful for a wine that has about 8 years of age, giving me some belief it will continue to age based on how its built.