Planning Trip - Deciding on last winery

My wife and I are planning a trip to the Napa area in May and are deciding between Cade and Barnett for a last stop. We will be at Schramsberg for a tour at 11, stop for quick bite and then off to the next tasting. I was looking for a winery that had both nice views as well as tasty wines at a reasonable price. It seems like both of these wineries check both boxes. One of the only things holding me back from Cade is that they only offer two Wines (assuming the tasting is rounded out by some of their sister brands) but the views seem to be better at Barnett. And they have more of a variety, but Cade’s top wine is more accessible to me than Barnett’s. One other upside is I can source Barnett locally. We were also looking at Outpost but the timing may not work, Stony hill but they only have 1 red, and pride is closed on Tuesday’s.

Thoughts or recommendations? I worry if I choose a winery on views alone, what if it’s a crummy day? I need the experience and wine to be worth while lol

Barnett is great. Been their twice. There was is not really a tour, just a no frills tasting, but their view is amazing.

Not impossible but very unlikely to have bad weather in May

How are their spring mountain cab and Merlot?

Thanks for opinions so far. Narrowed it down to Barnett and Cade. No idea why I’m having such a tough time with this lol

Barnett seems the safer play, but Cade seems sexier

I vote Cade.

Why is that? Also, love your avatar! I was at the Bobby show last night in Miami, Page sat in for 2 tunes.

nice, thanks, glad you caught the sit in. pumped for summer

I like the aesthetic of cade a bit more and also like Danielle’s wines more. the library Cade thing seems like a cool addition, but have yet to try it

edit: I don’t think you’ll be disappointed either way, both are great. cheers

Hi Evan,

My personal vote would be for Barnett. Mostly be sure to try to get to taste and chat with their winemaker David Tate. He’s extremely accessible and is just as knowledgeable as he is accessible. He’s worked in several places around the world and finally settled at Barnett

How do their style of wines compare? Or apples to oranges

at a reductionist level, they both taste like napa cab, neither strays far from that prototype. i prefer howell mountain fruit to spring mountain fruit

Thanks, T! I don’t think I’ve had much from either mountain so leaning Cade, mainly to experience Howell in all its glory

Been to Cade several times, very sophisticated, very Green winery structure and concept. On a very clear day you can see all the down the Napa Valley to the Bay.
Wines are consistently high quality, great management.

David also makes great wine under his own “Tate” brand.

Been to both. Barnett is the winner

Thanks for the input. My wife decided on Cade. We are out there celebrating her birthday after all. Too bad we only have two days in Napa. Looks like we’ll be saving Barnett for next time, barring any changes