TN: 2013 Abeja Cabernet Sauvignon Columbia Valley (USA, Washington, Columbia Valley)

• 2013 Abeja Cabernet Sauvignon Columbia Valley - USA, Washington, Columbia Valley (1/18/2019)
    Day 1: Nice overall. Menthol, vanilla, oak, cherry, blueberries and burnt toast. Medium plus finish. Outstanding 2013 effort. This on a pop and pour. Nice spice quality on the finish. Excellent value under $30. 92 points
    Day 2: Menthol, vanilla, oak, chocolate, dark fruits and floral notes. Even better on day 2 and complex wine. Medium plus finish. This wine should age for another 5 years. 93 points
    Day 3: Some sediment on the last pour. Really good and balanced. I am getting some nice pencil shavings, dark fruits and minerals. Medium plus finish and delicious. 93 points
    Recommendation: Drink now but with a 2 hour decant or cellar for two to five years. A wonderful wine! (93 pts.)

Posted from CellarTracker

John, along with Cadence and Betz, Abeja is one of my reference producers from my home state. I’d posit that your drinking windows is vastly conservative. the 2006 of this wine that i opened a while ago was no where near at peak.

Michael

M. I would say it would go longer but if it is drinking this well now I would consume rather than wait to long.

Just tried another bottle. Little different experience except for the sediment on the last pour but equally enjoyable.

2013 Abeja Cabernet Sauvignon Columbia Valley - USA, Washington, Columbia Valley (3/24/2019)
Day 1: Roasted chestnuts, minerals, cherry and spice. Solid wine and concentrated finish. Amazing value at $33 a bottle. 92 points
Day 2: Better with chocolate, roasted chestnuts, cherry, spice, coffee grounds and minerals. Medium plus finish and amazing balanced. Moderate tannins and I see this wine ageing til 2025. 93 points
Day 3: Still dense and powerful with roasted chestnuts, spice, chocolate, cherry and earth. Some sediment on the last pour which needed filtering. This wine is a solid. 92 points
Recommendation: I could se this wine going for another five plus years. Very solid effort. (93 points)