TN: 2014 Le Vieux Donjon Châteauneuf-du-Pape

• 2014 Le Vieux Donjon Châteauneuf-du-Pape - France, Rhône, Southern Rhône, Châteauneuf-du-Pape (3/20/2019)
    Day 1: Pop and pour and amazing funky character. Garrique, stones, tar, damp leaves and raspberries. Very balanced and excellent wine. Medium to long finish. This is the best of the bottles so far and will be buying more. Drinking really well young. 93 points
    Day 2: Still has the amazing funk with roasted chesnuts, raspberries, menthol, stone and tar. Super concentrated wine right now with medium plus finish. Just singing and even better as the Gophers beat Louisville today. 93+
    Day 3: Awesome. Roasted chestnuts, funk, spice, tar, pepper, stone and red currants. This is packed with flavor and concentrated finish. For $30 a QPR of the year candidate. 94 points
    Recommendation: At $30 a bottle a case purchase! This will drink well for another decade but shocking how good this is right now! (94 pts.)

Posted from CellarTracker

had the 2010 the other day and it blew me away. great producer! stood out to me in a 14 bottle lineup of some of the best going back to 1998

I can’t believe Matt I am buying this for $30 in Minneapolis. Becomes an every day drinker.

yeah what a steal!!