Domaine Huet - Old Label Question

I just picked up this 1971 Haut-Lieu Demi-Sec and the label was not one I’ve seen before. Online, I’m familiar with the script labels, but this looks quite different. Do the geniuses here have any insight as to why they look so different? Perhaps different markets, or one was a reissue?
20190320_162406.jpg
169191.jpg

I think I’ve seen bottles with the red appellation imprint before, but don’t recall the grey-black vintage neck label, nor the other white & black one.

You sure it’s a Huet?

It says Huet in the small text on the lower left which got cut out of the picture.

additionally, the engraving on the '71 above is the exact same as on current labels, only scaled down.

I may have known this for certain at one point but I believe the top label is the original and the bottom is the one the winery uses/used for library releases. (The bottom label is on wines I’ve had from the 20s through the 70s, what I’m fairly certain are all library releases.)

The top label also looks very early 70s hippie.

There is a third label, this from a library release around ~2000.
952F4519-2CF6-4296-A421-8C65841F394D.jpeg
04ADA624-D0B1-42BE-A5A1-3A91EC4790E0.jpeg

Thanks guys. Jayson - interesting and that would make sense given how many decades have seen the script label.

I have bottles of Huet from 71 and earlier with the script label, bottles with labels that look like the one in Jayson’s photos, but none where the font / text positioning looks like yours David.

I drank my last 1971 a couple of years ago which I’m pretty certain was from the same release (and probably same store) as Jayson’s and it has the same label:
F2E010EE-0F23-4566-B139-34946EC33630.jpeg

I’m pretty certain too! :grinning:

If this was Burgundy I’d say ruh roh but I don’t think old Huet is hot pick for counterfeiters. [cheers.gif]