Lieu-Dits

I’m a sucker for special parcels within larger Burgundy vineyards, whether they have older vines, or are in a ‘clos’, etc. Some favorites are Roulot’s Meursault lieu-dits, Niellon’s Chaumees ‘Clos de la Trueffiere’, Pillot’s Vergers ‘Clos St. Marc’, Pousse’s ‘60 Ouvrees’ (in Caillerets), and Faiveley’s ‘Clos de Cortons’. A couple others of note are Bouchard’s Chevalier ‘La Cabotte’ (which abuts Montrachet) and de Montille’s Malconsorts ‘Christianne’ (which abuts in La Tache).

What else?

Montille´s Christianne is no lieu-dit, only a special name (of his) for the Malconsorts parcel closer to La Tâche.

Clos Vougeot “Le Grand Maupertui” Anne GROS and Michel GROS
Clos de Ruchottes (-Chambertin) by Rousseau
some more …

Roulot’s clos de boucheres is sick.

Are you just speaking of 1er/gc lieu dits? Parcels within parcels?

None of the Luchets, Meix Chavaux or Vireuils take a back seat to very much either.

Les Rognets and Renardes within Corton and Les Demoiselles within Chevalier, Les Pucelles within Les Pucelles ironically and in Pommard Clos des Epeneaux and Grand Epenots.

Bon Batons, Clos Prieur, Les Ancengenieres

Clos Des Perrières

Off the top of my head, in Beaune, there’s Vignes de l’Enfant Jesus (Greves) and Clos Des Ursules (Vignes Franches). In Savigny, La Bataillere (Vergelesses) and Dominode (Haut Jarrons). For white, there’s Les Fairendes (Morgeot).

Clos de Chevalier
Clos de Pucelles
Clos de Caillerets
Clos de la Garenne
Clos de Chapelle
Clos de Bussieres
Clos de Marechale
Chateau Gris
Corton Grancey
Clos de vigne au Saint
Clos and Château de Ducs
Clos de Urseles
Clos de Mouches
Clos de Commaraine
Clos Sorbes
Clos de Mazeray
Clos de Santenots
Clos Prieur
Clos Salomon
Moutonne
Clos de Hospices
Clos de mieux de ouches
Clos de Varoilles
Clos de Corvees

Amongst many others

Smarty-Pants! [snort.gif]

These are (mostly) not special lieu-dits within a larger Cru, but Premier Cru or Village sites themselves … not what I understand the question was at …
not everything called “Clos” is a lieu-dit …

If you really want to go down the rabbit hole, which lieu dits actually reflect a different climat within a vineyard, and which are just tradition oriented or singled out because of owner or other reasons? (after all the term lieu dit just translates to “named place”.)

And if due to climat reasons, how are they different? …Gotta love completely irrational and beautiful things.

Bouchard’s Cabottes is, I believe, in and not near Montrachet. They are trying to get it reclassified as Montrachet. Weird.

Recently did a vertical of it and they were quite disappointing especially for the tariff.

Maybe a root day.

What vintages for the vert?

2010-2015

Interesting! Love the wines and that intense acidity with clean fruit.

I’ll blame a potential root day :smiley:

Colin-Deleger owns the enclave known as Les Demoiselles, which consists of the first 30 rows on the Montrachet side, underneath the end of Chevalier. The wine is classified as a Puligny 1er cru, but WHEN it’s not Pre-moxed can deliver a grand cru experience.

Interesting – that’s exactly the sort of quirk that makes Burgundy the best.

Agreed. The vines technically are in the Puligny-Montrachet Le Cailleret vineyard, but he’s allowed to market the wine as Les Demoiselles and not Cailleret. As with most white burgs it is hard to find in the US. I picked up the 2014 version, and have plans to throw it into a blind flight against PYCM Chevy, Philippe-Colin Chevy and de Montille’s PM Cailleret to see how it stacks up.