Foreign Language CT Notes

How much do foreign language CT tasting notes annoy you?

• Not irritating
  • Mildly irritating
  • Very irritating
  • Infuriating

0 voters

Just found a bottle I was interested in, and the only tasting note is in Dutch (I thought). I dropped it into Google Translate, so not a big deal (it was German). Oddly this taster has ~50% of their other notes in English. And then I thought of a new poll idea. Who doesn’t like anonymous polls.

Thanks for the idea.

J’aime beaucoup les notes français.

I write my tasting notes in hieroglyphics.

01100111 01110010 01100101 01100001 01110100 00100000 01101001 01100100 01100101 01100001 00100000 01100111 01110101 01111001 01110011 00100000

I am following a few guys writing CT notes in Chinese, they are pretty good actually.

“Great Idea Guys”

[thankyou.gif]

/ @ g r @ ,

Most of us just look at the points.

Cheers
Jeremy

What is your name by the way?

I always like the notes written in Australian.

Bloody oath, mate.

Damn straight.

Of course a lot of people write CT notes, and post here in fact, in a foreign language - English. I guess that is acceptable

… -… — -.’- -.-. .- .-. .

if the wine is from France, is it the reviewer whose note is in French thats in a foreign language, or the one that is in English?

just had a really funny image in my head of a personified wine being terrified because it only knows French and everyone is sitting around judging it in a language it doesn’t understand. lol

Well sure, totally infuriating. Because doesn’t the whole world know it’s their responsibility to cater to English speaking people? God forbid we might feel lost or confused or like something less than the center of the universe for even a moment. I’m sure if you just post them notes in response where you write very LOUDLY and S-L-O-W-L-Y they’ll start to accomodate your requirements.

Sheesh.

100 100 1 SOS

No more irritating than notes that say “opened with Elsie, Bob, and Jane on Thursday night during Yahtzee”

Hundreds of languages out there, no need to be a bigot about them.

I never understood people that demand everyone to speak or write in English. I see this a lot of this behavior when I travel outside of the States. Some people go to, for example Ecuador, and complain the locals dont speak English.

It’s a small-minded view that takes root in some people - not nearly a majority, it just feels that way because they are so vocal.