Wines from tonight (updated for round 2)

Full notes to follow. I’m sure you can figure out the venue.
149EE140-6500-4789-A044-78F55F0C34CE.jpeg
F7DBF072-B7A3-4DDD-AC29-0CF739F00315.jpeg

enjoy

Nice!

When you post the notes, please let us know how the selctions were made/offered!

How exciting!

The two Rhones are my birth year – so very interested in both how they fared, and of course price!

$95 a bottle for all 3, 375s. At the place that will be not be named.

I emailed the somm the week before to go over choices. They have 600000 bottles to choose from so…

Also 1910 madeira and Darroze 40 year old Armagnac

Within 20 minutes of posting a photo on my instagram (with no location tag or mention of the place that must not be named) of a bottle I consumed, I was told by someone there to delete my photo. This was a couple of months ago. It was such a good wine too and it was on their list online. =(

And did you honor their Soviet-like request?

1962 H Debost Côte Rotie

From 375. Bottle showed very well. Some funk which blew off after a few minutes. Olive, tarragon and a little wild boar on the nose. A little parsimonious with the fruit, but fully tertiary. A handsome, even well-preserved, but not beautiful wine.

1979 Rayne Vigneau Sauternes

Caramel, wild honey, and coffee on the nose. Rich, pure, but not cloying palate. Perfect match for the foie gras course.

1962 H. Debost Hermitage

Jane Fonda to the Côte Rotie’s Glenn Close; this was a bombshell. Currants, Montreal smoked meat and violets on the nose, beautifully integrated palate, and endless finish. This was just fantastic.

1975 Charles Krug Cabernet Sauvignon

Ode to the glory days of Napa, this was a beautiful wine that really was ready to go pnp. Plum, eucalyptus, and florals on the nose, and more dried fruit on the palate, with elegant tannins. Great showing.

Did it have a bern’s label like mine?

Why cant the place be named? newhere

sounds like they Berne’d Charlie. Michael is not a player with 6,000,000 Instagram followers, more than Kardashians.

Btw regarding the food, I thought that the foie course and the appetizers/etc except the salad were great, and the French onion soup was amazing; the steak was good but nothing too special. I think the biggest issue I had was lack of flavor from the steak. Definitely not as good as what I make at home.

Does he do similar, risqué photo-shoots in his fu’fu’lemon yoga pants? That alone is worth several million hits.

Haha more likely they didn’t want ppl drinking up a the 61 hermitage la Chappelle or whatever it was he posted

Wow! How?

I just returned from a trip down “South”…some of my associates went to dinner at the place that will not be named…I typically am not involved with the vendor who hosted the dinner and was not tapped for this dinner, dined elsewhere with some of my favorite business friends.

Back for round 2:

Full notes to follow.
F18DFC24-DFE1-4F57-9174-71E3192723ED.jpeg

Ha! It was off the list. Not a prepared wine by them. I specifically requested it since I saw it on their website.