TN: 2014 Produttori del Barbaresco Barbaresco (Italy, Piedmont, Langhe, Barbaresco)

Felt like checking in on one of these with Pan Seared wagyu from Hail Grail. [cheers.gif]

• 2014 Produttori del Barbaresco Barbaresco - Italy, Piedmont, Langhe, Barbaresco (3/17/2019)
    This was really quite nice last night. Light red color, floral and truffle and hints of licorice on the nose. Plate is lighter, tighter, but beginning to reveal very lithe cherry fruit amidst some earthy tones. You can feel that it’s wound up on the palate, there’s terrific energy and it is quite chewy and drying right now. Still, really enjoyable with HolyGrail wagyu stips. Last glass was best glass.]

Posted from CellarTracker

Had this several days ago. Similar impressions.

Really a lovely wine. Dipping my toes. Piedmont and Tuscany have been blind spots for me. Which is odd, I suppose, and for shame, so it seems.
And not for much longer…

Thanks. Sounds like a couple of years extra wouldn’t do it harm? Bought some while on holiday in the region 2 years ago.

Oh, for sure. No harm now, really, no harm in a few years, for sure. Cheers!

I love the Produttori wines. Thanks Dennis for this note.

I did not focus enough on Italy. If I had to do it all over again, 50% or more of my Cali spend would have been added to the small % I spent on Italian wine.