When your mother turns 75...

Mothers are important. I’m lucky to have mine still alive. My mother is extraordinary, as I’m sure you feel about yours. The kindest and most generous creature on Planet Earth.

Today is the day to celebrate that she has turned 75. Just a low-key relaxed dinner with her only son. No party or guests. She’s not that picky but she has requested shrimps as the dish of the evening and to flush it down I picked a few bottles that could be nice to taste together with some seafood or just for the joy of exploring some new wines. I have chosen these:

The ones to the left and right I’ve already tasted before but never the wine in the middle. Anyone has experience from this Chardonnay?

Best wishes to your mom and bravo to her for raising, and to you for being, a thoughtful son!

Thanks for those very kind words, Jim…

Foxen is quite good!

A little in the family of Au Bom Climat and Sanford.

Softer style chard, usually good acidity (not flabby) and should go well with shrimp!

Please wish your mother all the best from my wife and I. Very wonderful to see the two of you prepping to drink three bottles!

If I recall correctly, the block UU is Chardonnay grafted onto Riesling rootstock. Drinks a bit like a hybrid of the two.

Hold her close !

Miran…Happy Birthday to your mom…mine is 73 this year…wish she consumed wine, but she was never a drinker.

Have a great dinner.

Happy BirthDay, Miran. Just spent the last four days with my mom, who is 87, will be 88 is a couple of months. Enjoy your time with her. I do

My mom passed a very short while ago (at only 74 years old) - we didn’t enjoy the same wine, but we enjoyed Old Fashioneds together. Cherish the moments, as you apparently indeed do!

Beautiful post and sentiment! [winner.gif]

Cheers!
Marshall

Congratulations to your Mom Miran! Looks like a memorable meal you have planned!

That boat sailed 14 years ago as Mom turns 89 this year. She just discovered Turley last year when I popped a bottle for them. Her and Dad get part of my allocation now.

Great job Miran.

My mom turns 75 in a few weeks. Planning to be there, and toast her with Pol Roger Sir Winston Churchill (her favorite Champagne), and Ramey Hyde Chardonnay (her overall favorite wine).

C. O. O. L.

My mom turned 92 recently.
She’s a tough old bird!

TTT

The apple doesn’t fall far from the tree.

Sorry to her about your loss, Todd… :frowning:

And to the rest of you - thanks for sharing your stories about your mothers. Mine is the best in the world and I’m sure you feel the same about yours. It’s truly special when you can share a good bottle of wine with your mother. Make it count.

Double-agreed and indeed cherish, Miran. Todd—I am very sorry to hear of your mom’s passing, you and Jenn have my thoughts and best wishes winging their way west.

Mine isn’t into wine…so I had an origami replica of her beloved garden made custom for her. She does love looking at that!

My wife’s mom lives with us, she is 89 and is an utter professional at nonchalantly strolling into the pouring area and magically emerging with an ever full glass.

If she lived with Captain Jack Sparrow, his meme would be, “But why is the wine gone?”

My wife’s sister spends time with us, as well, and she is the “Nanny Monitor” who thinks she is keeping track of how many ‘glasses’ of wine Nanny has tossed back. Nope! [rofl.gif]

When Nanny first came, she was unfamiliar with the volume of wine the typical wino-stem can hold, and she had a few evenings of serious miscalculations! [blush.gif] [barf1.gif] [barf.gif]

She is a member of the Kunde and Chalk Hill mailing lists, in good standing!

She is spry and works with the alpacas.

This is her…

She is the one on the far left. [wink.gif]

Your mother deserves that you open a 1944 vintage of?
Barolo?
Do it