$3000 bottle

Jancis wrote a free article about somebody in the Napa trying to hype a wine that will cost $3000 a bottle.
Who can it be now?? Is it The Todd?? I have no idea. Any guesses??

The Todd would be my guess!

Wow, the Barum Winery finally opened.
Step right up!
And we have a reserve.

If you have any questions, go to the web site: https://www.ghosthorseworld.com/

2014 Cabernet $500
2014 Fantome $1500
2014 Apparition $2000
2014 Spectre $3500
2014 Premonition $5000 & Membership Into The Challenge Syndicate
2014 Zinfandel $600
2016 Chardonnay $400
Winemaker Dinner In Your Home $9000 - $45,000

That thread on ebob when this first started was epic, wish I could re-read that one. I bet he’d land his helicopter on your yard and come out guns blazing for the right fee.

Randy that line up looks awesome but I’m struggling with paying $600 for a Zinfandel. [rofl.gif]

The “Premonition” is a Spottswoode poured into a different bottle.

The sublime to the rediculous- at the other end of the price spectrum are some very nice Anderson Conn Valley cabernets.

This is a joke right?

You do get some free patronizing from Todd along with your $400 Chardonnay.

2016 Chardonnay
Ghost Horse Vineyards

Stylistically, the 2016 Ghost Horse Chardonnay is a very ripe wine exhibiting the characteristics of more tropical fruits like guava, mango and peaches. > For your education, the less ripe style Chardonnays would be more akin to green apple and lemon flavors.

screenshot.70.jpg

I see they do a cigar and wine pairing experience, I’m not a big cigar smoker but wouldn’t that make it so you couldn’t taste the wine?

33187588-652D-4E1C-99CF-51343E1C35FD.jpeg

That’s how bold Ghost Horse wines are, not even cigars can slow them down. For your education that is.

I assume that this is the same wine, and from the comments above, little has changed.

The 2014 Golden Arches Pomegranate Blueberry Smoothie Award: the early nominations
Edit Report this post Quote
#64 Post by Mark Golodetz » Tue May 13, 2014 10:44 am

Sadly, another wine to add to this thread. Fortunately, I have not tasted many this year, so this one, the 2006 Ghost Shadow, served by an old friend at the Kittle House yesterday (“I knew you would really hate it, Mark”) came as something of a shock to the palate. On opening, and pouring for the table, I could smell from several glasses away, the taint of volatility. When I did put some in my glass, it showed massive amounts of sweet, candied fruit. The palate was incredibly soft, fat, filled with overly ripe fruit and had a chewy, thick texture leaving an imprint of yet more sugar and sweetened blueberries.

I dislike this wine for so many reasons. Not only the winemaking flaws, but the philosophical ones. It begins with a complete absence of terroir, which should at least leave you with a sense of the grape variety. The fact that it was a Cabernet would have surprised me; blind I would have guessed that it had some overripe Syrah. Finally, the wine was simple, grape flavored ; every nuance, every complexity had been obliterated in both the vineyard and the cellar, leaving a sweetish beverage, with a slight overlay of vinegar. Nasty stuff.

I think that may be the point

I doubt this is Todd Anderson.

Which begs the question, who is that much more crazy?

Don’t forget made and bottled on demand, to ensure freshness!

Who the heck is this guy? Never heard of him, though his wines are priced like he’s the world’s most famous winemaker.

My favorite:

“The most simplistic in structure of the 4 Ghost Horse wines and a great wine for those who are graduating their palate’s to bigger, more complex reds.

$500”